10000 Steps later, I lost 10lbs…Really? Well I am sure it is a combination of things. One thing I can honestly say is that aiming for 10,000 steps can be difficult for some people. But if 10000 steps is your only goal its easily attainable.
There are many devices that can make your life a lot easier, below are my
Top 5 recommendations (Step Trackers)
or your cell phone in general – OK! Don’t act like you don’t have one. In the health part of your iPhone, (not too sure about the other devices) you can see how many steps you have taken through out the day. On how to use your iPhone health app, click here.
If you use Samsung, here are some apps you can use to count steps. I do not use Samsung so I cannot personally suggest a great app.
It’s inexpensive, and not only does it track your steps, it tells time (duh), has an alarm, ab inactivity reminder, email, text and phone call notification are just a few of the amazing features of this amazing gadget.
- 【Daily Performance Tracking 】Tracks your full-day steps, calories, distance, and active minutes; get to know your progress to your goal on the tracker screen anytime or check history data and data reports in app
- 【Multisport Management & Connected GPS】Records your activity data in up to 14 sports like running, walking, riding, treadmill, fitness, yoga, and etc.; use your smartphone GPS to see real-time pace and distance
- 【Call, SMS & SNS Reminder】Stay connected wherever you are, and organize your busy life with a smart watch that reminds you of incoming texts, calls, social messages, e-mails and more
- 【Built-in USB Plug】 Built-in USB plug for charging; take bands off the tracker and insert the built-in USB plug into a USB charger for charging; 2 hours charging enables up to 7 days playing
- 【Warranty】We provide quality products with 12-month warranty and prompt customer service; inquiries and questions will be answered within 24 hours
3. Apple Watch
No need for an explanation on this bad boy! If it is in your budget, grab it and never look back. The Apple watch has way too many features and will always be a great buy.
4. MsFit Flare
MsFit has a few different versions of this tracker, this tracker is connected to your smart phone so make sure to always have it close by or you will miss some steps. The reason I personally like this tracker is because it is fashionable, and some of their trackers even look like jewelry!
Along side the Apple watch this is one first smart watches to hit the market, you cannot go wrong with of the innovators. It is sturdy, durable and a monster of a watch (if that makes sense)…Ok, It’s just an awesome tracker.
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24/7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors); Charge time (0 to100 percent) 2 hours
- Choose from 15 plus exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set a goal, and get real time stats during your workouts to see how you can keep getting better
- Automatically record time spent in Light, Deep and REM sleep stages and see activity trends, health insights and personalized guidance in one place with Fitbit Today
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50 Meters so you can track swims and wear in the shower; We do not recommend wearing Charge 3 in a hot tub or sauna; Also connect to smartphone GPS for real time pace and distance during outdoor runs and rides
- Stay connected to your day with everyday apps for weather and more and get call, text and smartphone app notifications on your wrist; Small wristband Fits a wrist between 5.5 to 7.1 inches; Large wristband Fits a wrist between 7.1 to 8.7 inches
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
(Side note : Make sure your phone is on you all the time, or your steps will not be tracked.)
Along side my regular exercise I made it a priority to get in 10000 steps a day. I would look at my watch through the day, (not obsessively of course) but just to make sure I was moving. MOVEMENT is what is important here, you can choose to break it up as you wish. I noticed when I was consistently moving the steps would rack up rather quickly. An easy way to get your steps in is to wake up maybe 10-15 mins early and clean your house, you don’t realize how much effort goes into moving from each side of your house dusting your furniture.
Top ways to get 10000 Steps in
- Take the Steps
- Get up from your desk every hour and take a lap around the office.
- Park further than usual
- Take the long way home
- Walk around while on the phone
- Vacuum daily (speaking of, I should do that now.)
So back to the important part, does walking 10000 steps a day burn fat, ultimately yes! But 10000 steps a day is just a tool in the tool box, for sure it does increase your NEAT (I’ll save that for another article). Your body is doing more than it is used to. As humans we are meant to move, not sit around watch MTV all day.
Remember this is just one part of the equation, your diet has to be in check, lifting has to be made a priority and cardio may still need to be done.
Are you ready to get in 10,000 Steps a day? For more info on how I get my steps in email me here.
(Side note : As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)